Forms and Documents

Find a form or resource relating to your studies in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.

  • Enrolment errors

    Form Description
    Timetable clash resolution Use this form to request a resolution to clashes in your timetable, such as a clash between two lectures and no alternative times.
    Unit overload request Use this form to request enrolment into more than the allowed maximum number of units in a semester (i.e. more than 12 units).
    Prerequisite waiver request Use this form if you have approval from the course coordinator to enrol without a prerequisite.

    Processing of enrolment error forms

    Processing times

    In the four weeks before each semester, more than 1000 enrolment error forms are lodged with the faculty office, therefore significant delays are possible. Please allow five working days for your request to be processed, however in peak times this may be extended. Priority is given to requests submitted for the immediate semester.

    Enrolment priorities

    Please note: The faculty office priority in processing enrolment requests is to enrol students in their chosen courses but, not necessarily, in their chosen classes. As a result you may find that you are not enrolled in your preferred classes or that you have some unwanted timetable clashes.

    In a limited number of cases the faculty office may need to move students between classes to resolve timetable clashes for core courses or to manage unexpected changes to class schedules and staff availability. If your enrolment has to be changed you will be notified via email.

    Successful requests

    If you have been successfully enrolled in your chosen course, this will be shown on your enrolment list in Access Adelaide and you will be notified via email.

    Failed requests

    It is not possible to satisfy every enrolment request. A number of classes have fixed physical constraints that cannot be exceeded without removing other students. If we are unable to enrol you into your chosen course, you will be notified via email.

  • Other enrolment forms

    Other enrolment forms and information for students
    Form Description
    Course add - late For use only when adding courses after the last day to add online. It requires a course coordinator's approval before it can be processed by the faculty office.
    Non-award study Non-award study is a great way to find out what university study is like as the course does not go towards an award (degree). Non-award students attend lectures and tutorials, and are assessed and examined with students who are completing undergraduate degrees. Please read the non-award study enrolment instructions prior to submitting your application.
    Amendment to enrolment

    This form allows most students to request a retrospective change to their enrolment after census and critical dates have passed, to seek either a:

    • result change to Withdraw No Fail (WNF); or
    • course to be added.
    Strict criteria apply.
    Course/Class full Use this form if the course or class you are trying to enrol into is listed as 'full' in Course Planner. If you are requesting enrolment into a full class, you will need to obtain course coordinator approval prior to completing this form.
  • Academic forms

    Other forms and information for students
    Form Description
    Credit transfer If you have studied at another institution, you may be eligible for credit towards your degree. You will need to ensure that you have an official transcript and course outlines if seeking credit for a specific course.
    Cross-institutional study This form is required if you want to study a course at another institution. You may need to seek advice from a program advisor prior to completing the form.
    Completion request form

    For eligible students to request out-of-session completion of their degree program.

  • Taking a break or transferring programs

    Leave of absence

    We completely understand there are many reasons for taking a break from study. We strongly recommend that you contact the faculty office first, so that our friendly staff can provide you with accurate information about your options, some great alternatives, and advice on how to return later. You can choose to take a break for six or 12 months.

    If you have completed a semester of study and need to take a break, you must complete the below leave of absence form.

    If you are in a clinical program, approval from your program coordinator is required.

    For domestic coursework students only.

    Leave of absence form (domestic students)

    For international coursework students only.* 

    Leave of absence form (international students)

    *International students may need to discuss taking a break with International Student Support.

    How to transfer programs

    If you wish to transfer to another program at the University of Adelaide, chat with staff from AskAdelaide and complete an internal transfer application.

    Transfer program

    How to discontinue your program

    Form Description
    Discontinuation of studies If you no longer wish to continue your studies, you should withdraw from all of your courses via Access Adelaide, taking into account the critical withdrawal dates and then complete this form.
  • Policies

    Student policies at the University of Adelaide
    Policy Description
    Academic credit arrangements This policy sets out the principles for credit arrangements in coursework academic programs within the University of Adelaide.
    Academic progress by coursework students This policy applies to all students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs.
    Program rules This is a comprehensive handbook of the academic program rules for students enrolled in the faculty.
    Student-related policies A one-stop-shop for all student-related policies—from assessment and exams, disability, fees and charges, to syllabuses and academic program rules, plus much more.
  • Student feedback

    We encourage students to provide feedback on their course and campus experiences that explicitly relate to the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.

    Student feedback can assist the faculty in identifying areas for course and program improvements or to acknowledge and elevate positive impacts on the student experience with the faculty that should be exemplified across the whole student body.

    Student feedback form

Need help?

The faculty's Student Support Centre is the place to go for most questions relating to your study.

Book an appointment  Email us  Call: (08) 8313 0273