Whether for student learning, clinical examinations, professional development or health-care related conferences, Adelaide Health Simulation’s (AHS) facilities are world-class.
Located across two key University of Adelaide sites in the Adelaide CBD, including the Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences building in the heart of the BioMed City precinct, and the Helen Mayo South building on the North Terrace campus, AHS represents the cutting edge of technology-enhanced learning and assessment.
The two centres are seamlessly linked by high speed internet allowing remote control of audio visual functionality and exam features.
In Adelaide Health Simulation, the University of Adelaide has commissioned one of the southern hemisphere’s most technologically advanced purpose-built simulation environments.Dana Supramaniam, Sales and Applications Engineer – Healthcare Simulation, Mediquip
Our facilities at a glance
- 36 assessment rooms across the two sites, all with high quality sound and video recording.
- 22 high-fidelity hospital suites, with functioning oxygen suction and call bells.
- Extensive simulation equipment inventory and technical support.
- World leading B-Line technology . AHS houses Australasia’s largest installation of B-Line Medical Sim Capture Enterprise Plus video and data integration technology.
- Access to world-class University of Adelaide subject experts across many areas of health.
- Access to a large pool of standardised patients; actors to add vital realism to your exams, plus fully equipped in-house make-up room and moulage.
- Meeting rooms, video conferencing suites, and conference/event hosting capacity for up to 200 delegates.
An enviable equipment inventory
AHS has an outstanding variety of modern medical and simulation equipment on-hand for use in your assessments, including:
- high-fidelity male and female manikins, representing the human lifespan
- CAE HPS anaesthetic manikin and fully equipped anaesthetic suite
- neonatal equipment
- resuscitation equipment and trolleys
- anaesthetic booms and machines
- video laryngoscopes
- ultrasound machines
- pumps and syringe drivers
- simulated medication and pharmacy
- bariatric and lifting devices
- barouches and hospital beds
- HTC Vive virtual reality headsets
- SECTRA tables
- ECG and physiological monitoring equipment.
Health simulation in the spotlight
- Media release: Global recognition for health care simulation
- B-Line Medical: Large-scale automation success story
- Whyalla News: Students get hands on
- Southern Cross News: Rural simulation (retrievals)
- The Advertiser: The importance of simulation in medical training
- The Advertiser: As a med student, I never thought the first life I saved would be my little brothers
- Ready Doctor One? Extended reality is expected to revolutionise the way we practise medicine
Like to know more?
Download the Adelaide Health Simulation Prospectus to learn more about our world-class facilities, capabilities and opportunities for collaboration.
For further information, please contact the AHS on +61 8 8313 5101 or email@example.com.