The Adelaide Health Simulation (AHS) team is a multidisciplinary group of health professionals from a variety of backgrounds; each with a passion for education, advanced technology, and safe health care.
AHS academic and professional staff work together to provide contemporary education that expertly matches well-established learning theory with innovation, passion and, of course, a wide variety of advanced simulation tools to enhance your clinical preparedness.
An undergraduate focus, but statewide impact
While University of Adelaide undergraduate education is our AHS team’s primary focus, we also work throughout South Australia in a variety of local health networks and regional centres.
We are highly accomplished in delivering in situ simulation training for health professionals in a wide variety of settings, including: hospitals, emergency departments, wards, postgraduate education programs, defence force facilities, secondary school awareness programs, and more.
The only limitation to the engaging and effective application of simulation-based education and training is imagination.
Introducing the Adelaide Health Simulation team
- A/Prof Adam Montagu – Director, Adelaide Health Simulation
- Sam Ruff – Clinical Simulation Team Leader
- Andrea Davila – Simulation Coordinator - Lecturer
- Dr Ellen Davies – Health Simulation Research Fellow
- Dr Peter Hardy – Lecturer (Simulation Fellow)
- Dr Sean Jolly – Senior Lecturer
- Libby Kentish – Simulation Coordinator - Lecturer
- Dr Sara Quigley – Lecturer (Simulation Fellow)
- Kerrie Stockley – Simulation Coordinator - Lecturer
- Michael Gilmour – Senior Simulation Technician
- Kirsty Chong – Simulation Support Officer
- Lotte Crawford – Simulation Support Officer
- Justin De Blasio – Simulation Technician
- David Hirst - Simulation Support Officer
- Russell Hutchinson – Simulation Technician
- Rachel Irlam – Program Support Officer
- Vincy Lam – Simulation Support Officer
- Shannon McLay – Program Support Officer
Adelaide Health Simulation aspires to ensure the highest standards of patient centred care by providing our future health workforce with the most realistic, immersive and holistic technology-enhanced training possible—in all regards, the equal of any in the world.
To achieve our vision, we’ll match world’s-best simulation technology with sound, evidence-based educational principles. We’ll cultivate an environment in which students and educators across multiple disciplines feel safe to explore knowledge collaboratively, and learn from each other’s mistakes. We’ll rapidly respond to emerging community needs in patient care; and we’ll equip students with advanced problem-solving and human-factors capabilities that they will carry for life.
Adelaide Health Simulation - West End
Level 2, Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences building
Corner of North Terrace and George Street, Adelaide, SA, 5000
Adelaide Health Simulation - East End
Level 1, Helen Mayo South building
Frome Road, Adelaide, SA, 5000
Telephone: +61 8 8313 5101