Summer Research Scholarships
Spend six weeks of your summer working alongside our faculty’s world-class researchers. Develop new skills, build relationships and gain valuable experience that may pave the way for your postgraduate study and future career in research.
The Adelaide Summer Research Scholarship program is open to continuing undergraduate students, particularly those in the later years of their bachelor degree, who are interested in pursuing research studies.
Each scholarship provides a living allowance of $200 per week for six weeks.
Scholarships are available in all of our schools, institutes and research centres, and across all of the fields of research we conduct in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
If you are considering completing an Honours degree or Higher Degree by Research, a Summer Research Scholarship is the perfect opportunity to explore the world of research.
How to apply
- Review the scholarship rules to ensure you are eligible.
- Find a supervisor. Researcher Profiles are a great place to start to find a potential supervisor in an area that interests you. Many Researcher Profiles include details of projects that are available for students to work on. Approach your preferred supervisor and negotiate a project with them. Please note: your supervisor's signature is required on your application form.
- Upload your completed application form online before 5 pm, Friday 18 September.
- Applications open: 9 am, Monday 27 July 2020
- Applications close: 5 pm, Friday 18 September 2020
- Outcome of applications: Students will be notified of application outcomes in multiple rounds, beginning in early-October
- Scholarships start: late November/early December (or as agreed by supervisor)