Clinical Research Facility
The University of Adelaide’s Clinical Research Facility is a modern, controlled and secure multi-use research space in the heart of the BioMed City precinct.
The purpose-built facility offers a self-contained, flexible and safe environment to conduct commercial clinical trials and deliver high quality care for study participants.
Our expertise span a wide range of specialties and therapeutic areas, including gastroenterology, nutrition, endocrinology, pain, biological psychiatry and orthopaedics, with extensive experience in drug development and proof-of-concept.
The Clinical Research Facility is located on level 4 of the University of Adelaide’s state-of-the-art Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences building, situated alongside the Royal Adelaide Hospital, the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute and the University’s medical and nursing schools.
Facilities and equipment
- On-site laboratory for sample processing and storage, with centrifuges and alarmed freezers
- 10 general purpose clinical research rooms
- Up to 14 beds arranged as single bedrooms (3-bed bays also available)
- 4 interview rooms
- Large gait laboratory for computerised gait analysis
- Gamma camera and radiopharmacy for gastric emptying studies
- Gastrointestinal manometry
- EEG for cognitive function testing
- Spacious shared patient waiting room and reception area
- Kitchen for patient food preparation
- Office area with hot desks
- Secure document storage
- Bathroom and shower facilities
- Equipment store
Partner with us
Talk to us about how our facilities and expertise can be tailored to suit your clinical research needs. Please contact:
Participate in research
Clinical trials are essential for the development of new medical treatments and interventions. If you would like to volunteer to be part of ground breaking medical research at the University of Adelaide, visit Participate in research.