AHTA's large, experienced and multi-disciplinary team of researchers is led by Professor Tracy Merlin, the first Professor of Health Technology Assessment (HTA) in Australia.
Adelaide Health Technology Assessment (AHTA) is part of the School of Public Health at The University of Adelaide in South Australia.
Adelaide Health Technology Assessment (AHTA):
- evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value for money of health interventions
- inform evidence-based policy and practice in health using proven methods
- innovate, research and develop HTA and HTA methods
- design, analyse and interpret health research, supported by systems that enable high quality data collection and management
- quantify the impact of health interventions for (regional, national, international)
- healthcare systems
- guide best practice locally, nationally and internationally
- lead, educate and build capacity in evidence evaluation to guide health policy and practice
- innovate, develop and adapt to keep at the forefront of HTA methodology