Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences Student Support Centre
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (FHMS) Student Support Centre team provides program support services for undergraduate and postgraduate students within our faculty. We are student focused and aim to help you excel during your studies.
Are you a new student?
Starting university is incredibly exciting, but it can also be an overwhelming experience. Find all the information you need for a smooth start on the University’s Orientation website.
Our Peer Mentoring Program provides commencing students with an opportunity to connect with current students to gain the knowledge and skills to settle into life at university.
Looking for more detailed information about your studies?
The University’s student website is full of resources for current students. Find out about important dates, everything you need to know about enrolment, handy hints for exams, how to access counselling support, and much more. Looking for a particular form or policy? Refer to the forms library and the University's student-related policies. Want to find out about campus safety? Make sure you also read about our safer campus community.
You can also download the UA Student App to stay informed on and off campus. Check your timetable, view your results, and keep up-to-date with news and events around the University.
You can also see a list of frequently asked questions on the Ask Adelaide website, and if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, you can chat with one of our friendly advisors.
How can we help?
We're here to answer questions and help you with any queries related to your studies, including:
- change of major or specialisation
- course add late
- course/class full resolution
- course selection
- credit transfers
- cross-institutional language - Modern Greek
- cross-institutional language - Italian
- cross-institutional language - Indonesian
- cross-institutional study (inbound and outbound)
- degree checks
- degree transfers
- discontinuation of studies
- dropping a course
- enrolment advice
- enrolment errors (e.g. timetable clashes)
- Global Learning approvals
- graduation checks
- Indigenous student support
- leave of absence requests
- MBBS banding letters
- MBBS good standing letters
- MBBS non-attendance (Years 1-3)
- MBBS non-attendance (Years 4-6)
- nominating your major for graduation
- Peer Mentoring Program
- retrospective Withdraw No Fail requests
- study plans
Get involved in university life
University is not just about studying hard – it’s also a great chance to explore new interests, make friends, and venture outside your comfort zone. Making time for some extracurricular activities, like joining a student society or becoming a peer mentor, can really add value to your overall university experience.
Adelaide University Union
The Adelaide University Union (AUU) is an organisation run by students for students, and provides for almost every aspect of your life on campus.
Clubs and student societies
Joining a club is the best way to meet people, share your interests and make friends on campus. Our faculty is home to a number of vibrant clubs and student societies. Some you might want to check out include:
- Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences Association
- Adelaide Medical Students’ Society
- Adelaide Nursing Students’ Society
- Adelaide University Dental Students Society
- Adelaide University Rural Health Alliance
- Health Sciences Postgraduate Association
- Psychology Students Association
Adelaide University Sport
The Adelaide University Sport association exists to provide and promote the best possible sport and recreation environment for the University.