Knowledge Building in Day Procedure Nursing
This course provides an understanding of core concepts for clinical practice across both perioperative and anaesthetic and recovery nursing care within the context of providing nursing care for patients undergoing a day procedure.
This short course will provide knowledge and skills across the following course objectives:
- Assess and apply as appropriate perioperative and anaesthetic and recovery clinical pathways to patients within the nurse's primary speciality using risk/outcome model.
- Discuss the latest practice in aseptic practice and clean procedures.
- Examine equipment and instrumentation function and care (scopes and instruments).
- Discuss perioperative pharmacology used in the day procedure setting with relevance to nursing practise considerations.
- Examine anaesthetic and recovery considerations for patients who have undergone day procedure.
- Explore a case study of a care pathway from a clinical risk management perspective.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed for continuing professional development (CPD) for registered nurses, enrolled nurses as well as third and second-year nursing students.
Enquiries and dietary requirements
To find out more about this course or to notify us of any special dietary requirements after you register, please contact:
Adelaide Nursing School
Telephone: +61 8 8313 3595