This course provides an understanding of core concepts for clinical practice across both perioperative and anaesthetic and recovery nursing care within the context of providing nursing care for patients undergoing a day procedure.
This short course will provide knowledge and skills across the following course objectives:
- Assess and apply as appropriate perioperative and anaesthetic and recovery clinical pathways to patients within the nurse's primary speciality using risk/outcome model.
- Discuss the latest practice in aseptic practice and clean procedures.
- Examine equipment and instrumentation function and care (scopes and instruments).
- Discuss perioperative pharmacology used in the day procedure setting with relevance to nursing practice considerations.
- Examine anaesthetic and recovery considerations for patients who have undergone day procedure.
- Explore a case study of a care pathway from a clinlical risk management perspective.
Who should attend?
This short course is designed for nurses who work in day procedure settings such as gastroenterology, standalone day surgery units, or other setting providing short surgical cases with sedation/anaesthesia and a procedural intervention.
When: Saturday 21 September, 8 am to 12.30 pm
Where: University of Adelaide, Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences building, North Terrace, level 3, room 3066
Course coordinators: Jo Perry
Cost: $150 or $130 for staff or students. Register via the button below.