Develop the advanced skills you need to effectively respond to cardiac arrest and critically ill, deteriorating patients, with speed and confidence.
Advanced Life Support Level 2 is a practical two-day course that gives you the opportunity to enhance your critical care skills in several interactive workshops.
With a focus on developing advanced skills in the management of deteriorating patients and cardiac arrest, the course involves a combination of clinical-based simulation and practical skills-station exercises to develop your entire skill set—technical, teamwork and communication.
Master a wide range of critical care topics
Advanced Life Support Level 2 will provide you with in-depth knowledge and skills in such areas as:
- airway management
- monitoring, rhythm recognition and 12-lead ECG
- initial assessment and resuscitation
- tachyarrhythmia, cardioversion and drugs
- cardiac arrest management
- bradycardia, pacing and drugs
- manual-mode defibrillation and basic life support
- special circumstances (including asthma, anaphylaxis pregnancy, hypothermia, electrolyte abnormality)
- cardiac arrest management – increased complexity
- arterial blood gas analysis
- intra-osseous access (optional).
Who should attend?
The course is designed for health care professionals who are expected to apply these life-support skills in their clinical duties, or required to teach them on a regular basis.
Participants include doctors and nurses working in critical care areas (e.g. ED, CCU, ICU, HDU, acute admissions units), resuscitation/medical emergency teams and/or paramedics.
Applicants must either hold a professional health care qualification and current clinical or health care educational appointment, or be in training for an Australian professional health care qualification; and clinical knowledge and experience of critically ill patients is essential.
Will you receive a recognised qualification?
Yes, if you complete the course successfully you’ll receive an Australian Resuscitation Council ALS2 Provider certificate, valid for 4 years.
To register or find out more
You can register online for the Advanced Life Support Level 2 course.