The BetterStart group are well published across different mediums. We publish academic papers in peer-reviewed literature but we also have a very strong interest in authoring reports for government and non-government organisations which can help with translating research for health services and policy.
- Research Series 1: Five by Five - A supporting systems framework for Child Health and Development
- Research Series 2: The South Australian Early Childhood Health and Development Project
- Research Series 3: Can linked data help to better target family support programs for child health and development?
- Research Series 4: The South Australian Early Childhood Data Project
- Research Series 5: Child Protection in South Australia
- Monitoring framework for South Australia's children and youth
- Characteristics of boys and girls who are emotionally vulnerable
- Television marketing of unhealthy food and beverages to children in Australia: a review of published evidence
- The Excel set of spreadsheets containing the data used in the following systematic review is available here:
Smithers LG, Sawyer ACP, Chittleborough CR, Davies NM, Davey Smith G, Lynch JW. A systematic review and meta-analysis of effects of early life non-cognitive skills on academic, psychosocial, cognitive and health outcomes. Nature Human Behavior. Published online 05 November 2018. Paper available here.