Data, Statistics and IT Services
AHTA works closely with health and medical researchers to provide advice on study design, data collection and management systems, and statistical analysis.
AHTA's team of experienced biostatisticians provide statistical support for a wide range of biomedical, health and other types of research, from study design and planning, through data collection, management and monitoring, to statistical analysis, interpretation and reporting.
The Research IT Service team designs and builds web-based management information systems for small to large scale research projects and have knowledge and experience building databases for complex datasets in health and medical research areas.
AHTA provides research services directly to eligible members of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, and by agreement to other parties on a fee-for-service basis. These services include the Faculty Statistical Service and REDCap IT collaboration.
Faculty statistical service
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences funds a statistical consulting service for Faculty staff and HDR students. This service allows AHTA to provide a limited amount of statistical support to eligible projects, (including grant applications, non-grant-funded research, PhD and masters projects). The service operates on a 'first-come-first-served' basis. Please see the statistical support guidelines for more information, complete a request form, or contact directly for an appointment.
REDCap IT support
AHTA's Research IT Service (RITS) team collaborates closely with eligible PhD students, researchers and clinical affiliates in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences to supply provision and configuration support for the University's license of REDCap, a Research Electronic Data Capture software.
REDCap allows users to build and maintain online surveys and databases for small university-led trials and research projects. RITS can also provide consultation services and guidance in web-based data collection and form design. For more information, visit the REDCap page on the faculty intranet or contact REDCap directly.
Data, design and statistics service
AHTA’s biostatisticians are experienced in providing integrated data design and management and statistical services to support health and medical research.
The statistical services AHTA provides include advice, data management and monitoring, and statistical analysis, interpretation and reporting. The Data, Design and Statistics Service is a general statistical consultancy, with a focus on biomedical and health research. As such, the team is able to provide a wide range of statistical support, including:
- advice on study design, including assistance with sample size/power calculations and randomisation schedules
- support for grant applications and ethics committee submissions
- assistance with, and advice on, data collection, management and monitoring
- advice on appropriate statistical methods for data analysis, and in writing statistical analysis plans
- performing statistical analysis
- advice and assistance with data visualisation and reporting
- assistance with interpretation of statistical results and manuscript/report preparation.
To find out more about these services, or to request a quote, please contact directly.
Research IT Service
AHTA’s Research IT Service team designs and builds custom and customisable web-based management information systems for small to large scale research projects. We offer a bespoke solution to data management from concept to reporting and have knowledge and experience building databases for complex datasets in health and medical research areas.
Our capabilities also include database and SAS statistical software integration, creation of web-based randomisation systems and we offer secure, cloud-based data hosting with client portal access. Other services include:
Full scale web-based data management solutions
- database design, implementation and reporting
- cross-platform and cross-device portability
- focused design for audience
- custom and bespoke systems to perfectly match project requirements
- system support and recommendations
- best practices for system design and reporting.
Data rescue and transformation
- repairing, upgrading and transforming existing data collections
- upgrading to web-based management information system (MIS)
- upsizing and meaningful reporting.
Local secure data hosting and storage
- third-party application hosting
- database storage with client portal access
- customisable storage solutions.
Research software support
- third-party software advice
- configuration, build and extensions
- help and training.
- questionnaire builder
- basic or configurable data management portal.
For a custom quote or to discuss service level options, please contact directly.