The University of Adelaide is highly research focussed and successful, conducting world class research in many areas.
South Australian Aboriginal Health Innovation LaunchPad
The SA Aboriginal Health Innovation LaunchPad is a joint initiative between the Aboriginal Health Council of South Australia and Yaitya Purruna.
The LaunchPad provides an avenue in which individuals, health service agencies, University staff, honours and post-graduate students and interested parties can put forward grounded ideas for practical innovations that are intended to improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous South Australians.
The LaunchPad model has been designed to add value to Indigenous health research in South Australia in the following ways:
- increase the Aboriginal Health Council and it's member organisations influence on the Aboriginal health research agenda in South Australia
- establish a community recognised central process by which individuals and communities can put forward ideas to create real health changes within their own communities
- increase the likelihood of research and innovation being directly linked to a problem identified by a community
- foster research and innovation partnerships and collaboration between Universities, Communities and Governments
- minimise health research duplication and increase research efficiency in South Australia
- link the research capacity of Universities with the health problems actually experienced by Aboriginal peoples in South Australia in a manner in which health researchers are supported to work respectfully with communities to address practical health issues