Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
This four year program is designed for students who are committed from the beginning of their tertiary education to enter professional practice, or to undertake further study at a postgraduate level. A quota applies for this program.
Bachelor of Psychological Science
The Bachelor of Psychological Science is a 3-year program with the possibility of an Honours year to follow. This in turn can lead to further post graduate study and registration as a psychologist.
Psychology as a Major in
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Science
These degree programs offer you the opportunity to keep your options open through the study of other subjects besides Psychology, and permit you to major in more than one discipline. A major in Psychology from The University of Adelaide means that you are eligible to apply to proceed to Honours not only at this University, but also at other universities around the country that offer Honours programs accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council.
The following selection criteria applies to entry to the Bachelor of Psychological Science:
- Year 12 subquota: applicants are eligible to compete for a place with their TER if they have not studied at university for more than 2 years full-time (or equivalent).
- Higher Education subquota: applicants are eligible to compete for a place with their best GPA if they have studied at university for at least 6 months full-time (or equivalent).
- VET subquota: applicants are eligible to compete for a place with a completed AQF Diploma or above from any Registered Training Organisation in Australia or overseas. Applicants are ranked according to the level of their highest completed award.
- Special Entry: applicants are eligible to compete for a place with their STAT score if they are 21* or older and have not studied at university for more than 2 years full-time (or equivalent) in the previous 3 years. (*the age restriction is 19 or older if the applicant has a completed Flinders Foundation or UniSA Foundation Studies program).
There is no mid year entry for the BPsych(Hons) and BPsychSc
Applications for both programs can be made through the South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC)
International students who are undertaking an Australian year 12 examination must apply through SATAC.
International students from outside Australia should apply through the International Office at the University of Adelaide.