Access the services and support for students of the Joanna Briggs Institute.
For other student support services, go to the University of Adelaide's Information for Current Students page.
Services, resources and forms
- Student HDR Handbook
- University Research Student Handbook
- Adelaide Graduate Centre Website
- Student Services
- JBI Student Group on Facebook
- Student Expense Claim
- Student Proforma
Library and study
The University of Adelaide library is comprised of five physical libraries in addition to rare books, special collections, and online databases and resources. Learn about the resources available and how to use them to best benefit your study.
- Important links
- How to use the library
EndNote is software for storing and managing bibliographic references. EndNote works with Microsoft Word and other word processing programs to create citations and bibliographies in a citation style of your choice.
- Research School - Student Resources
Catch up on past Research School presentations.
- Thesis by Publication – Presentation Notes – by Associate Professor Craig Lockwood
- Pragmatism and Value Theory – Presentation Notes – by Dr Jennifer McMahon
- Translational Science: The Institute Perspective – Presentation Notes – by Associate Professor Zoe Jordan
- Evidence and Implementation – Presentation Notes – Associate Professor Craig Lockwood
- Collaboration – Presentation Notes – by Dr Jared Campbell
- JBI Model for Engaged KT – Presentation Notes – by Associate Professor Craig Lockwood
- Evidence Transfer: What it is and how to do it – Presentation Notes – by Associate Professor Zachary Munn
- Qualitative approaches to research – Presentation Notes – by Dr Dean Whitehead
- The Likelihood Statistical Approach and the Bayesian Statistical Approach – Presentation Notes – by Dr Catalin Tufanaru
- The contributions of case reports to medical practice and translational research – Presentation Notes – by Professor Michael Kidd
- JBI GRADE Research School Workshop – Presentation Notes – by JBI Adelaide GRADE Centre Staff
- The Joanna Briggs Institute System for the Unified Management, Assessment and Review of Information – Presentation Notes – by JBI staff
- Establishing confidence in qualitative evidence: the ConQual approach – Presentation Notes
- Inter-subjective judgment: objectivity without objects – Presentation Notes – by Associate Professor Jenny McMahon
- The Joanna Briggs Institute and Translation Science – Presentation Notes – by Professor Zoe Jordan
- Poster Instructions, tips and templates
Examples on how to present a poster:
- Example: Aaron Gaekwad – Title: The incidence of cerebrovascular events in immunocompetent adult patients with bacterial and mycobacterial meningitis: A systematic review.
- Example: Irene Mayo – Title: The effectiveness of interventions in preventing medication errors in patient controlled analgesia among post-surgical patients: A systematic review
- Example: Hilding Hanna – Title: What is the learning experience and relationship with their mentors like for the student in the health care setting while on undergraduate and graduate placements
- Example: Matthew Marshall-Webb – Title: Definitive Chemoradiotherapy (CRTx) Compared to Surgery for Patients with Oesophageal Cancer: A Systematic Review
- Example: Christina Preen – Title: What are the benefits of Fetal Renal Artery Doppler, Middle Cerebral Artery Doppler and Ductus Venosus Doppler in pregnancies complicated by Intrauterine Growth Restriction? A Systematic Review Protocol
- Example: Judith Lowe – Title: Self management decision support for individuals with inflammatory arthritis: A systematic review protocol of the efficacy of condition specific decision aids
- Example: John Opio – Title: Access to Healthcare by People Diagnosed with Mental Disorders in Uganda
- Example: Vivienne Leigh – Title: Effectiveness of pharmacological and nurse initiated non-pharmacological interventions for the treatment of delirium in adults in intensive care units post cardiac surgery: a systematic review protocol.