Faculty Health, Safety & Wellbeing
The Faculty of Health Sciences is committed to providing and maintaining the highest possible standard of health, safety and wellbeing for its employees and students while they are at work.
The Faculty recognises its duty of care under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA) and the Work Health and Safety Regulations 2012 (SA) which is to ensure so far as is reasonably practicable that employees, students and visitors, while at work within the University, are safe from injury and risks to health and, in particular;
- Meet its obligations to provide and maintain
- a safe working environment;
- safe systems of work;
- plant and substances in a safe condition; and
- Must provide adequate facilities for the welfare of employees and students at any workplace that is under the control and management of the Faculty; and
- Must provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is reasonably necessary to ensure that each employee and student is safe from injury and risks to health.
For information on incident reporting, emergency contacts, HS&W committees and training please visit the Faculty HS&W Intranet.