Research Programs of the Discipline of General Practice
Research goals of the Discipline
- Undertake, support, and publish research conducted in general practice and primary care environments, which is aimed at improving health outcomes
- Develop a team of highly skilled professionals which values excellence and fosters growth and development
- Provide excellent primary care to the community
- Foster inclusiveness and value diversity in the delivery of health care and education
- Advocate for general practice within the health care system
- Foster partnerships within the University and the community.
Established in 1995 the Discipline has been involved in teaching, research and consulting work, enhanced through managing and operating multi-professional general practices, which have a firm commitment to all aspects of high quality practice.
Experience in developing and conducting large-scale recruitment of patients for long-term studies in General Practice has been gained within the Discipline of General Practice over many years. Studies have been completed in a diverse range of primary care and allied areas.