Continuing Professional Development
We offer a Continuing Professional Development program tailored specifically to meet the needs of all dental practitioners.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) became compulsory for dentists, prosthetists, dental hygienists, dental therapists and oral health practitioners/therapists as a result of the introduction of new national legislation. Practitioners in these categories are now required to complete 60 hours of CPD every three years and 80% of those hours must be scientific/clinical. The remainder of the hours may be non-scientific. For details of requirements please refer to the CPD practice guideline of the Dental Board of Australia.
The School aims to provide CPD to all members of the dental team (including dental assistants, laboratory assistants, practice managers and laboratory managers) through a variety of face-to-face and online courses. If there is a topic or course you would like to see presented please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course information for 2014 from February to November is accessible in the Program Guide
CPD Featured Event
The feature event for this year will be a two day Dental Practice Update for all members of the dental team at the National Wine Centre on the 8-9 August 2013. The day will feature international and national presenters and a trade exhibition.
Interest in courses and topics can be emailed to email@example.com. A register of enquiries is kept. Email enquiries are preferred at this time and are being responded to within one working day.
Online Professional Development
Online professional development in the area of preventive dentistry is currently provided by the Dental Practice Education Research Unit within the Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health and this program is known as the Colgate Online Continuing Professional Development Program.
Online professional development in other areas of practice will be made available over the coming year.
Continuing Professional Development Day Courses
|Cone Beam Computed Tomography Licensing - Course Full
|Sterilisation and Instrument Processing in the Dental Practice||30 August|
|Temporomandibular Disorders||11 October|
|Forensic Dentistry SA||24 October|
|Saturday Afternoons, Teeth and the Local Pharmacy - preliminary notice||1 November|
|Panoramic Radiography for Licensing||1 November|
|Mastering Techniques for Aesthetic Anterior Composite Restorations||7 November|
Continuing Professional Development Evening Courses
|Deciduous Pulpotomies – Pulp Fact or Pulp Fiction. An Update on Managing the Pulpotomy, the Child and the Restoration||28 October|
|Allergic Drug Reactions and Common Skin Conditions||26 November|
An advisory panel was established to provide the Director of CPD advice, assistance and strategies to advance CPD via the School to the wider community.
Members of the Advisory Panel are:
- Greg Hamlyn - Dental Technician representative
- Associate Professor James Dudley - School of Dentistry, The University of Adelaide
- Ms Tracey Hood - Australian Dental and Oral Health Therapists’ Association (SA/NT)
- Dr Richard Huebl - Dental Research and Education Fund
- Mr Joseph Spencer – Australian Dental Prosthetists’ Association (SA)
- Dr Troy Longbottom - TAFESA Centre for Dental Studies
- Dr Eleanore Owen - Australian Dental Association (SA Branch) Inc
- Kate Hodgson - Australian Dental Industry Association
- Dr Bronwyn Scopacasa - SA Dental Service
- Margie Steffens - School of Dentistry, University of Adelaide
- Alison Taylor - Dental Hygienists’ Association of Australia (SA Branch) Inc
- Professor Johann de Vries - Ex officio School of Dentistry, University of Adelaide
- Associate Professor Janet Fuss - Ex officio School of Dentistry, University of Adelaide