Skip to content


Welcome to Honours in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study Honours. What happens next?

  • The Student and Program Support Team in the Faculty will contact you via email once your Honours program has been activated on the system
  • After you have received notification, you can enrol into your courses
  • Enrolment is done online via the Access Adelaide system. Please see a step-by-step guide to Enrolment     


Enrolment Guides:

Honours courses can be accessed in the Enrolment Guides for your Discipline/School
Full time students must enrol in all courses listed for both Semester 1 and Semester 2
Part time students must enrol in the courses listed for Year 1 only. You will enrol for Year 2 courses in January

Honours FAQs:

  • Can I study Honours part-time?

    Honours can be studied on a part time basis if medical or special circumstances apply. You should apply for part-time Honours upon commencement of the program, outlining your circumstances to the Honours Coordinator.

    It should be clear that you are unable to (rather than choose not to) complete the requirements on a full-time basis. Supporting documentation must be included, e.g. a medical certificate, plus written approval from your Honours supervisor

    If you have already enrolled in a full-time Honours program and find that you need to change to part-time, you will need to contact your Honours Coordinator. The option of switching to part-time Honours may not be available in your chosen discipline.

  • Do I enrol in my Honours courses as part of my Bachelor’s degree?

    No. Honours courses must be enrolled under an Honours program. You will be notified via email once your Honours program has been activated in Access Adelaide. This will occur once your bachelor’s degree has been formally completed/conferred on your record.

    You must not enrol until you have received this confirmation.

  • Can Honours be deferred?

    Acceptance into an Honours program cannot be deferred. If you no longer wish to accept your offer, you should withdraw from all of your courses via Access Adelaide by the relevant critical dates, and notify your Honours supervisor. If you wish to resume Honours in the future, you will need to re-apply.

    If you withdraw after the census date, you will receive a grade of WNF and your Honours will be recorded as ‘Not Awarded’.

  • What are the critical dates for Honours enrolment?

    All amendments to your enrolment must be completed online. Please be aware of the critical dates, as outlined on the University website for each calendar year.

  • Can I start Honours midyear?

    Some Honours programs offer midyear commencement while others do not. If you wish to commence an Honours Program in the middle of the year, you will need to speak to the Honours Coordinator in your chosen discipline to determine if this is possible.

  • Can I take a leave of absence in my studies?

    If you are unable to complete your Honours program in the specified timeframe due to extenuating circumstances e.g. medical, personal or employment related reasons, you can apply for a leave of absence.
    You can find the leave of absence form here

    This will need to be approved/signed off by the Honours Coordinator and submitted to the Student and Program Support Team.

Honours Coordinators

If you have further enquiries or call +61 8 8313 0273


Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences

Level 2
Barr Smith South
The University of Adelaide

Office of the Executive Dean

T: +61 8 8313 1461

Student Enquiries

Student & Program Support Services Hub
Level 4 Medical School South
T: +61 8 8313 0273
Enquire online now or Email

Find Us Online

Health Sciences on Facebook   Health Sciences on YouTube   Subscribe to our RSS