Established in 2000, the Yaitya Purruna Indigenous Health Unit is part of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and provides support to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in the Faculty.
" We acknowledge and pay our respects to the Kaurna people, the traditional custodians whose ancestral lands we gather on. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of the Kaurna people to country and we respect and value their past, present and ongoing connection to the land and cultural beliefs. "
The Unit provides:
- Indigenous Student support services in the Faculty, collaboration with Wirltu Yarlu Aboriginal Education
- Research & Learning & Teaching within the School of Population Health
- Community engagement as part of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Indigenous health curriculum development and education projects
- Indigenous student retention and recruitment
- Marketing and promotions development
- Community networks and partnership development
- Cultural awareness for students and staff
- Indigenous staff recruitment