Faculty of Health Sciences Restructure
A review of the Faculty structure was thought timely to enable the Faculty to be better placed to address increased competition in the teaching and research arenas and assist in meeting other challenges including the impact of globalisation and the rapid advance of digital technology.
Following this, the Faculty undertook a major organisational change process and this has resulted in:
- The number of Schools decreased from eight to five to include Adelaide Dental School, Adelaide Medical School, Adelaide Nursing School, School of Psychology and School of Public Health (previously the School of Population Health).
- A new Adelaide Medical School established incorporating the current School of Medicine, School of Paediatrics and Reproductive Health, School of Medical Sciences, together with Rural Health, the Centre for Traumatic Stress Studies and parts of the Discipline of General Practice that currently sit in the School of Population Health.
- The role of a Deputy Executive Dean established.
- The Executive Dean's Advisory Committee replaced by the Faculty Executive Team. This team will be the key strategic and operational Faculty committee and will include the Deputy Executive Dean and the Director of the Robinson Research Institute as an ex officio member.
- The Faculty Education Committee will be renamed the Faculty Learning and Quality Committee. The Committee will include the Program Directors for our other undergraduate programs so that there is consistency across the suite of degrees.
- There will be a high level Faculty Research Strategy Committee established, as well as a single Faculty Honours Committee.
Faculty of Health Sciences Structure
Adelaide Dental School
Adelaide Medical School
- Acute Care Medicine
- Orthopaedics and Trauma
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Anatomy and Pathology
- General Practice
- Rural Health
Adelaide Nursing School
School of Psychology
School of Public Health
Please note: the Adelaide Medical School is the only School with Disciplines and Discipline Heads